design : : rural studio

29 February 2008

I listened to a really good radio show highlighting the Rural Studio this morning. Many of you who know me know what a huge influence the Rural Studio and Samuel Mockbee have had on me. I got to go visit the Studio twice (unfortunately right after Mockbee had passed away) and they were profound experiences for me in architecture school.

You can listen to it here. It's worth taking the time to listen to.

The Rural Studio has continued to thrive after Mockbee, and are fundamentally and philosophically changing architecture's attitude towards society, and society's attitude towards architecture. The lives that have been changed by buldings, of all things, shows how much the built environment shapes our lives.

Posted by ck at 11:00 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment