podcast : : sufjan stevens - lakes of canada

20 February 2008


The obsession continues... Anyone reading here will start to notice many references to Sufjan Stevens on this blog. I love his music, I love what [I think] he stands for. Not merely content to just listen to his albums, I've started to search for his rare unreleased stuff (of which there is alot). Sufjan is such a prolific writer that he seems to just churn stuff out and constantly put it out there for everybody. Maybe he's abandoning the traditional album format, now that you can craft a little gem of a track and post it out on the web and get a lot of attention.
Or a video, as the case may be. I had a minor obsession with a Blogotheque video of Sufjan on a rooftop in Cincinnati covering The Innocence Mission's Lakes of Canada. On an NPR interview he was asked to pick a "perfect song" and this one was his choice.

Tip of the Day: search with Google Blog Search when looking for rare mp3s. you find more stuff in the blogosphere than on the general web.

I found a blog that did exactly what I wanted to do: rip an mp3 off of the video. I've posted it so that you, dear readers, can enjoy this beautiful song on your ipods. Go to "podcasts" in the side bar and you can listen/download the song. Don't worry, it hasn't been commercially released so it's legal.
While searching for the song I found a treasure trove of Sufjan's covers of other artists' material. There's even a Beatles cover. I'll be posting these this week, so check it out.

Posted by ck at 11:21 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment