zombie dreams

03 March 2008

Some of you may have had this conversation with me: "Last night I had this intense zombie dream..." Inevitably this leads to a long discussion of zombie movie comparisons, particularly vivid scenes, the zombie survival guide (read: how we all plan to survive a zombie apocalypse), among other things.

I've met other people who have had zombie dreams, but not reoccurring zombie dreams like me. I had one last night and woke up worn out. I can still remember it. In this one, though, the military was trying to eradicate the outbreak and were killing everybody, zombies and non-zombies alike, so I had two things to fight through. Soldiers gunning for me and brain hungry undead. It made for one intense night.

The one reoccurring theme is that the people who are my allies are slowly picked off and return later on as the enemy- as zombies. This is always the most compelling aspects of zombie movies for me. You see the reanimated corpse of a loved one- do you kill it? Do you hesitate? Or even worse: they get bitten and you know and they know that they will turn soon- do you mercy kill? Luckily for me Alice hasn't made a guest starring appearance in my dreams, so I haven't had to face the above scenarios with her.

I don't know why I have these dreams or why they keep coming back. Maybe this is why I don't play video games. I have all the adventure I need while I sleep.

Posted by ck at 12:11 PM  

11 comments:

I dreamt I was a vampire last night. The end.

Shauna said...
03 March, 2008 16:28  

dude! i have vampire dreams too- maybe i killed you one time.

ck said...
03 March, 2008 20:40  

it's clear that these zombie dreams are actually wish-fulfillment dreams and not nightmares. not only have i discussed your zobie/vampire dreams ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS, but I also know the zeal with which you address the subject.

admit it, you long for the onslaught of the zombies. i bet you even have a weapon of choice set aside in the event of a zombie plague. what is it? an automatic rifle? a shotgun? or perhaps a cruder weapon?

face it, ck, you get the same feeling from "night of living dead" that every other guy got from "braveheart."

stan said...
04 March, 2008 10:02  

guilty as charged.
but we'll see who's laughing when the zombie apocalypse happens!

ck said...
04 March, 2008 10:37  

i plan to be happily chewing on my human brethren. who's to say that being a zombie isn't an enjoyable experience? just because of all the blood and moaning and the urge to eat humans? don't be so shallow. and stop judging zombies, they were once human too.

stan said...
04 March, 2008 11:06  

christopher, that stuff white people like blog is hilarious.

colleen said...
04 March, 2008 13:29  

As a 50 year old woman, I can tell you that I have had recurring zombie dreams for 30 years. Sometimes they are frightening; sometimes just annoying. I think it's funny that so many people are having the same kind of dreams.
Perhaps it's prophetic!

Anonymous said...
24 September, 2008 08:18  

I had a zombie apocalypse dream the other night as well...and it wasn't a nightmare - more like a neutral dream...strange.

This is probably the MOST nerdy thing I could write, but you shoud read World War Z if you haven't yet. It's by Max Brooks (Mel Brooks' son!)

grantly said...
03 October, 2008 11:51  

I have zombie dreams all the time. You are not alone! Check out http://www.zombiehunters.org/

Anonymous said...
03 October, 2008 16:05  

I have recurring zombie dreams too. Atleast 1 time a week. It's very frightening to me and it seems so real.

Anonymous said...
20 October, 2008 06:57  

I dreamt I was part of a special forces unit assigned to exterminate a zombie outbreak.

Anonymous said...
10 November, 2008 14:05  

Post a Comment