it's happening!

26 February 2008


I met with a plumber yesterday at the house and he's going to get started on the rough in of the plumbing in a few days. I called KUB and they'll be hooking temporary power back up to the house (for tools, ect.) tomorrow.
It's really happening! After all this wait and anticipation, things are really going forward. It makes me very excited.
My first big project starts this weekend, after we get back Saturday morning from Chattanooga (Tyler and Jenn's wedding is Friday), fixing the roof leak at the chimney. The cricket behind the chimney was built wrong, so I'll have to rip it off and frame a new one. And the OSB around the chimney is completely soaked and will have to be ripped out and replaced.
The exterior doors will be here in two weeks. So once the roof is fixed, the doors installed, and the plumbers are finished, drywall can start to go up. Then it will really start to feel like things are moving forward.
In the photos link in the sidebar I'll be posting pictures of the progress over the next few months. And I'll keep you updated here.

Posted by ck at 11:05 AM  

3 comments:

slam!! you're gonna have a house!!

stan said...
26 February, 2008 16:19  

wow...hard to believe this is going to happen! I love your new blog logo! Love you- Mom

Anonymous said...
27 February, 2008 22:26  

what what!! guess who moved into the neighborhood?! congrats man.

regi said...
28 February, 2008 03:18  

Post a Comment