i heart google reader

15 January 2009


I've slowly accumulated a lot of blogs I like to check on, but clicking through tons of pages had gotten tedious. So took the plunge and put together an RSS feed reader through Google. Once you hook up all the feeds to it, the reader provides a central place that you check for updates on all your favorite blogs. It lets you know if anything new has come through, so no more wasting time going to a blog to only find out that there's nothing new (e.g. Cameron). I resisted the whole RSS thing, but it really makes sense. The only thing I don't like is that it merely relays content, the graphics and extra stuff like the sidebar can only be seen at the blog itself, which I think is a huge part of the blog experience. But now at least I'll be able to be more efficient traveling the blogosphere.

2 comments:

i love google reader. it is slowly taking over my life though, because i've subscribed to more stuff than i can actually read.

Anonymous said...
15 January, 2009 16:18  

can you make a post of how to set it up???? please?????

will cote said...
19 January, 2009 02:42  

Post a Comment