closing?

12 January 2009

Well, I pushed and got the pest control company to come out today and do the termite treatment. I'm going to pick the forms the mortgage company needs and drop them off in a few minutes. Really, I can't be sure if the original contractor ever had a treatment ordered, so this is a prudent safeguarding of our investment (even if it does cost a lot of money when we don't have much). The fact that the contractor is long gone made this extremely difficult to get put together. If this doesn't work for the underwriters, then we may be packing up and moving out, 'cause I don't know what else to do. Most of the time I can deal with all the pressure, but there are times when I feel like a wave is crashing over my head and I can't breathe. This is the absolute worst time to get a mortgage in probably thirty years. Even the 'professionals' I'm working with are out of their element. So please pray that these are the last documents they require and that we can close very soon and put this behind us. Losing the house because of a few lame pencil-pushing bureaucrats would be heartbreaking. Having gotten to live in it for two great months makes it that much worse. So here we go...

Posted by ck at 12:11 PM  

3 comments:

You are in my prayers brother.

Anonymous said...
12 January, 2009 21:49  

thanks, bro. i need them.

ck said...
13 January, 2009 11:58  

I really believe it will be OK. everything about this house has taken 2 months longer than originally thought. We are praying, honey.

Anonymous said...
17 January, 2009 15:41  

Post a Comment