gone baby gone

22 January 2009

What a day.

I turned in the last documents to the mortgage company this morning, and even the dour faced lady there looked optimistic about closing soon. So things were looking good! They looked so good that I walked out into the sunshine feeling great and walked back to my office. ...and forgot that I had driven there and parked in a loading zone.

Fast forward two hours...

I walk out to go to a meeting. I look for my car in the garage. I look on every level. And I realize that it's still at the bank. Or is it?

It isn't. I walk down to the bank and its gone. I know where it is. Knoxville's Finest have put my car in jail. I walk back to the office, feeling not so good. I miss my meeting. Now I'm waiting for my wife to take me to the impound lot. What a day.

Posted by ck at 4:59 PM  

3 comments:

that's awful. sorry man.

stan said...
22 January, 2009 19:29  

christopher! we sang "but for you who fear my name" at my church today! it was awesome.

colleen said...
25 January, 2009 16:54  

sweet colleen! your church is definitely more hip than mine.

ck said...
26 January, 2009 14:36  

Post a Comment