my house has siding and my dog has fur

20 April 2008

We got the siding installed on the chimney side of the house on Thursday evening and this weekend on Saturday:
I had a good crew helping me out. Siding is the kind of work that's impossible to do by yourself, so thanks to Ryan, Lucas, and Jason (and Cullin, who showed up for moral support and to feel cool).

Today we went to a "Introducing Redeemer" seminar at Chris Talley's house. Chris is one of Redeemer's pastors, and his family will be our nearby neighbors when we move to Mechanicsville. The seminar is a prerequisite for joining the church, something Alice and I are getting stoked about. Otherwise, we've tried to relax and rest today so we can gear up for another week of work. Alice "defurred" the dogs this afternoon and this is what came off Ellie:
There's enough fur there to make a sweater. Bob is getting his turn now while I'm writing this, but Ellie reigns as Queen of Fluffiness in this house. To any dog owners reading this, here's an unofficial commercial- get a "furminator." This thing gets loose fur off of a dog like nothing else. Seeing how much fur would have been otherwise plastered all over everything you own will make you want to barf.

I'll try to keep this blog updated regularly, but posts may be further apart as work on the house gets more intense.

1 comments:

i have a special place in my heart for all the siding in front of the chimney.

no one can take that away from me.

stan said...
25 April, 2008 09:20  

Post a Comment