more workin'

12 March 2008

I started building the front steps of the porch last evening. It was nice to just have some simple work with my hands to do, listening to jazz on the radio. I'll probably finish them up today or tomorrow, and I'll post a picture of the finished product. This weekend is the beginning of laying down the porch floor, which is good since there's a chance of rain (I'll be under cover). After that I'll be finishing up the wood siding for a few weeks and then painting the whole thing!

Alice had a teacher job fair at the University. She looked cute in her new business suit. I think she's starting to get overwhelmed by the idea of finding a job, so pray for her as she tries to let it go and just let it happen. And also pray that she finds the right school.

That's all for now. I'm trying to get out of work a little early so we can go hike House Mountain this evening with the dogs. The weather is beautiful and I need a break from carpentry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment