house update : : porch stairs

18 March 2008

Work on the house is moving along. Wilson and I finished up the porch stairs on Sunday and all the exterior wood siding and shingles have been delivered. The front and back doors came this morning and look great. Cullin and I will be putting them in this evening (I'll post a picture tomorrow).

Alice and I settled on a color scheme that we both liked- a dark forest green for the main color with a tan-white trim. The windows are "Navaho Red." We're using an opaque stain (that looks like paint) because it bonds to the wood siding much better that normal paint.

The porch floor planking is going to be delivered on Thursday. Between siding, the porch, and painting, there's a lot to do! Luckily my family is coming down to Knoxville this week to help out. We're really looking forward to seeing them (and taking advantage of their manual labor).

Tomorrow I'll be making a "quick" round trip to West Virginia, to visit the Cowen job site. The Dining Hall is on schedule to open for this summer, and it's now at the point where you can really feel how it's going to turn out.

More updates to come...

0 comments:

Post a Comment