design : : arcspace.com

15 November 2007

This is a great site I found that features a lot of exemplary architecture that doesn't make it into the regular magazines: www.arcspace.com
There's good analysis here and it's always good for one to see where the cutting edge of the profession is. I'm looking around at projects this morning trying to get inspired for a restaurant I'm designing. It may be the coolest project that I design this year- I want to make sure I push it as far as I can and get out of my comfort zone. I need to avoid becoming formulaic at this point in my career. I want to stretch myself and try new techniques and methods, while honing the things I know I'm good at.
It doesn't hurt to know the other guys are doing. I know I'm not as talented as many of them, but I want to be the best I can be where I am at, at this point in my life. I should never be content to stop reexamining things and improving them. I hope that I keep learning new things until the day I die.

Posted by ck at 9:20 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment