attack of the squirrels!

25 February 2009

Last weekend Alice and I felt ambitious while buying garden supplies and got a little bird feeder to hang up outside the dining room. And it was great! We were the life of the bird party on our block for a week. Then, the "little thugs" of our neighborhood started muscling in on the action. We saw one squirrel looking at it from above and I thought, "Good luck, buddy! That thing is WAY out on a limb."

I underestimated the squirrel thugs.


Apparently, one of them hung by a claw and chewed his way through the plastic to the seed. The party's over. Nothing but a few seed shells scattered about. Aren't they supposed to be hibernating? Well, as they say, THIS MEANS WAR. I shake my fist at our thieving treetop neighbors. Watch out, or I might build something like this.

Posted by ck at 7:48 AM  

3 comments:

that's fantastic. you should totally build one.

my grandma had hers on a pole and she used to grease the pole EVERY DAY. It was fun to watch the little buggers slide down until the discovered they could jump from a nearby fence.

The Modern Gal said...
25 February, 2009 12:54  

that's fantastic. you should totally build one.

my grandma had hers on a pole and she used to grease the pole EVERY DAY. It was fun to watch the little buggers slide down until the discovered they could jump from a nearby fence.

The Modern Gal said...
25 February, 2009 12:55  

wow...that video is intense.

Anonymous said...
25 February, 2009 14:31  

Post a Comment