hurrying up

09 October 2008

For those of you who haven't been around me this year, you may not realize that this house has been a race against time due to the constraints of the loan we needed to make all this possible. We could get enough money to do it, but just. It meant that most of the work had to be done by yours truly, since there wasn't enough money left over to hire people to do it for me. This wasn't a big deal, because over the last ten years I've acquired a lot of knowledge about to construction. What was working against me was time. It takes a long time to build a house, much less by yourself and holding a regular job at the same time. So I've taxed everyone I know for as much work as they've been willing to give me. Jason, Cullin, and Ryan deserve mention for their many, many evenings working with me.

But now it's crunch time. The construction loan is maturing on November 6th. That means our mortgage has to be closed by then. We can't close until the house is finished, inspected, and appraised. It takes a few weeks to process a mortgage. The 6th is four weeks from now. You do the math.

Please pray that God gives me strength through this, and that the other people involved (drywall, electric, plumbing, heating & air, ect.) would be swift and timely. Pray that the mortgage company and bank would work with us to make this all come together. Pray for Alice as she deals with the realities of her new job basically without a husband. Pray for our marriage as we hardly ever see each other. Pray that this task would be completed well and that good will come from it.

Thank you...

Posted by ck at 1:42 PM  

2 comments:

I talked to Robert last week and he said you were freaking out about getting the house done. Good luck, man.

Shauna said...
09 October, 2008 19:47  

Praying specifically this morning for the plumber, electrician and drywaller to show up and do their thing this week. remember how "time slowed down" that day in Haiti when you all stopped to pray over the church roof... I love both of you and I believe it will all get done, just in time. I'll be there to do what I can next weekend. Mom

Anonymous said...
13 October, 2008 11:28  

Post a Comment