i heart iphone

08 August 2008


Well, it's been about a week since I got it, and I still love it. The interface is so intuitive and fluid, exactly what I've been wanting after dealing with Verizon's clumsy software for 5 years. It's just the right size and looks great. All in all, this is the best designed phone I ever seen.

Now I'm hyper connected at all times, which is a blessing and a curse. I think I'm going to turn off the email alert. But it is cool to be able to stay connected to everyone, especially friends who live far away. The only flaw is that all this connection takes a lot of juice. Whereas I might charge my Razr every other day, I have to be diligent about charging the iPhone because it sucks up battery power like it's going out of style.

Despite my heart's pitter-patter for the iPhone, all is not well in Apple Land. My MacBook Pro has decided it doesn't want to boot up. This just after syncing with the iPhone and updating the software- coincidence? I think not. Again, I love the industrial design of Apple's hardware, but I am becoming less and less impressed with their software. As they try to be all things to all men, their overall quality seems to have tanked. Back in the days of my Ti Powerbook, I had nary an issue. I hope they regroup soon and focus on getting everything back up to that level, before they become the next Microsoft.

Posted by ck at 11:30 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment