the end of an era

07 May 2008

You may have noticed in the last post that I mentioned selling Greta. For those of you who don't know, Greta was the butterscotch VW bus that faithfully served me for four years after college. Alice hated her, I loved her, and I hung on to Greta as long as possible after her engine seized up last spring. Greta holds most of my car records:

Most nights slept in on the side of the road

Longest road trip

Most sheets of plywood hauled

Highest number of breakdowns

Highest number of MacGyver roadside repairs

Most dog poop cleaned up in (Thanks, Bob)

Most rivers forded off-road

I actually got a little choked up as I watched her get hauled away. I didn't know I had that much attachment to that big ugly box-on-wheels.
Here's to Greta- she was a great car. I sold her to a guy (Owner #6) who is going to fix her up for one of his kids. I bet she has two more decades of driving in her.

Posted by ck at 2:01 PM  

1 comments:

Man, what a sad day. Greta was a good girl. Sad to see her go...i bet it was hard.

Anonymous said...
15 May, 2008 10:31  

Post a Comment