you told me not to follow you

02 March 2009


Happy Casimir Pulaski Day... a holiday drenched with bittersweet associations since 2005 thanks to Sufjan Stevens. This song captures, among other things, the feeling of late winter- just what I felt this morning when the sunrise slanted in through my bedroom window, and the cold bright morning I walked into as I stepped onto the porch. I can feel Spring and life is not too far away but winter, like bittersweet pain, lingers just a bit longer- as if to let know it will be back soon enough.



Sufjan Stevens - Casimir Pulaski Day [mp3]

via slowcoustic

Posted by ck at 10:37 AM  

3 comments:

I will always love this song.

Anonymous said...
02 March, 2009 23:07  

My favorite favorite SS song.

Shauna said...
03 March, 2009 14:19  

I love the way you see the world. I love you.

Anonymous said...
03 March, 2009 21:17  

Post a Comment