1416 is inhabitable

20 November 2008

Our house is safe enough to occupied by human beings, according to the City of Knoxville. Which we will do post-haste, as soon as the bank appraises its value (which is happening at noon).

The "POD" with all our stuff is getting dropped off tomorrow, and Mr. Davis is bringing the dogs and a washer and dryer up from Franklin. So the family will all be back together tomorrow (if I can pry the cats from Cullin's love/hate relationship with them).

Now it's almost over. Just the paperwork and all the mortgage stuff to process. It doesn't quite seem real yet. I've built so many houses, some of which I poured a lot of passion into, and always finished up and then someone else lived in them. I feel like some client will just take this one, then on to the next project for me.

But no! This is our home. Alice and I are just wrapping our minds around that. Maybe it will sink in when we sleep in it for the first time on Friday night. I'll let you know.

Update: The appraisers came today and got the information they needed. This was the last major hurdle before we can move in! Feel free to come and help us move in tomorrow if you're in Knoxville. Now I want to move in tonight, but I'll have to be patient until there's a bed for me there.

Posted by ck at 10:32 AM  

4 comments:

congratulations! would love to see some pics once you get all settled

will cote said...
20 November, 2008 22:31  

I am so happy! Can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...
21 November, 2008 18:08  

I am so happy! Can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...
21 November, 2008 18:08  

that's an awesome photo!

colleen said...
23 November, 2008 21:34  

Post a Comment