mr. patinkins

26 October 2007

Alice got back home from a long visit in Franklin yesterday, brought her Gramma's dog back with her. We call him Mr. Patinkins.



For those of you who aren't up to date, Alice's Gramma fell and broke her arm and leg and is in a nursing home doing physical therapy right now. She'll be home in a few weeks, but until then we'll be taking care of her dog. As you can see, out pointy-ear dog obsession continues.

Beginning a food theme for the blog: today's lunch-



Harby's Pizza, voted best in Knoxville. It's only a block up from our place! This is the bacon cheeseburger pizza. Mmmm MMMM!

Just got the soundtrack to "Into the Wild" by Eddie Vedder. It looks like it's going to be a great movie, I read a big article about it in Outside magazine. Vedder seems to be having a little rennaissance. He had a great song on Jack Johnson's Brokedown Melody this year and now this. He's picking up the banjo and mandolin these days, which I think is a good thing. I can't wait to see how the movie stands up to the book.
I also got Radiohead's new album "In Rainbows." Seems like they're going back al little to OK Computer and Kid A, which is fine by me. Hail to the Thief was cool, but I don't actually end up listening to it that much.

I finished East of Eden last night. I think it's one of the best books I've ever read. I'll write more later, I'm still thinking it through right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment