bike project

27 October 2009


While I like the idea of fixed gear bikes, the reality of Tennessee hills has kept me geared. But my commuter bike (a solid early 90s Cannondale SR400) is an ongoing fixed gear-ish aesthetic project with lots of color. Next will be a new blue saddle (so this one can go back to the Klein) and blue tires. Note the new anodized gold riser bars! All in all, though, a great old bike for city riding. I love this thing. I'll try to keep the blog up to date as I customize.

If you want to know why I'm obsessed with this whole thing, this video may help explain:



Rad.

Posted by ck at 12:21 AM  

1 comments:

I freaking love my fixie! Most fun I have had on a bike. There are a couple of hills on my commute, but it is not as bad as you might think (of course I wouldn't take it out on the blue ridge parkway). First, your bike will be surprisingly lighter and less maintenance. Second, if you don't have to ride 25mph on the flats, find you a nice gear combination and the hills aren't that bad. Third, just stand up on the bike and get stronger :) I definitely say you should go for it, at least just to try it if you have never ridden a fixie. You can always go back.

- graham

mgl said...
28 October, 2009 09:50  

Post a Comment