holy crap

17 May 2009



I don't know if this will be as good. I don't know if I'll cry silent tears in a movie theater seat the way I cried in bed at 3:00 in the morning while I was reading it. I'm not sure how I like this "action" style trailer, but the little bit of the Coke scene makes me hope the movie exceeds this marketing. What I see here makes me realize that I'll be seeing this movie, for better or worse. Early review here.

p.s. No matter however the way the movie portrays it, I'll always see the father and son walking across the Henley Street Bridge in the ash, finding the mummified remains of the dead on the streets of Knoxville.

p.p.s. After watching it a half dozen times, I realize that this will definitely set Appalachia in a post-apocalyptic Deliverance light. But let's face it- when the world falls apart, it probably will be only West Virginians and East Tennesseeans left, eating each other.

Posted by ck at 11:08 PM  

1 comments:

wow, yea I would love if they had found a way to actually film in the locations the book describes - I would especially love to see Newfound Gap, but I looked at the filming locations on imdb and it looks like it was mostly filmed in pennsylvania and oregon. alas.

benjamin said...
18 May, 2009 01:01  

Post a Comment