design : : in democracy

17 December 2007

Last night I spent a few hours designing the campaign poster for my step-dad's election (left). Election related graphic art is an interesting phenomenon. It really tells a lot about the candidate. It may not matter to most people, but it's and important indicator: how a candidate conducts their campaign gives you a preview of how they'll conduct themselves in office. This goes for their graphics as well. Most of the stuff put out there is crap. Bad campaign graphics say: "I don't really care about the details and I just want to put out the bare minimum to get what I want. Well-designed campaigns show that the candidate cares about all aspects of his/her campaign and pays attention to quality- if they don't know anything about good design, they will find a good designer to help them. This attitude will carry on long after the election is over.




Two old infamous campaign stickers and Obama's attempt to graphically indicate a "new dawn" in politics...








Hopefully my efforts will help Drew win his election. I tried to me modern but not too edgy, conservative but not boring, and above all else- tasteful and proportionate. For your consideration, my dear readers...

Posted by ck at 4:45 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment